Thursday 4 December 2014

Second Design Idea


Second Design Idea 




For my second hair design idea I decided to go with the traditional hearted shaped Elizabethan padding. I also incorporated curls into the look which were then pinned on top of the padding. I wrote a step by step for my partner.

Step 1 - Crimp the whole head 

Step 2 - Section the hair into two equal halves

Step 3- Create a french plait on both sides and happy padding

Step 4 - Bring the hair across the padding and pin it leaving a few strands in the front

step 5 - tight curl a few bits in the front and pin it onto the padding



If i used this as my final idea there are a few things that I would improve such as adding jewels to it possibly inside the curls to make it more Elizabethan looking. I would also get a gold or silver hair paint and have it sprayed all over the hair to make it look more contemporary. In my opinion this hairstyle looks more Elizabethan and less contemporary because of its simplicity which needs to be improved. 


I wasn't pleased with the final look as it looked too Elizabethan with the crimped hair as I wanted a very contemporary look with an edge to it, which is why i changed my design.





Image:  http://www.1st-art-gallery.com/thumbnail/134419/1/Portrait-Of-Elizabeth-Of-Austria-$281554-92$29-Queen-Of-France,-C.1570.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment